10 January 2013

I hear you Rabindranath – Dhammika Dharmawardhane.


I hear you Rabindranath – Dhammika Dharmawardhane.

Please watch this video to the end where my friend Maiya (Mihira Wijeweera) asks me a simple question.
“OK, so which way do you wanna go?”
It was simple, but so pertinent. For I realised I was EXACTLY” where I want to be. The first off my bucket list. Returning to my life over two decades ago with one of those who shared it to see another who also shared it with us – Ravisha ‘Chief’ Wijeweera.
A billion of you will say so what? But to me, a lad all the way from Udispattuwa Kandy and Galagedara Kurunegala, Sri Lanka and billions of other like me, it means everything.
It means that I am may not be President Obama, but I dream equally as him.
“One day I’ll be President”
Nelson Mandela while imprisoned in South Africa.
“When I go from hence, let this be my parting word, that what I have seen is unsurpassable.”
Rabindranath Tagore, Gitanjali.
I hear you Rabindranath. Precisely. – Dhammika Dharmawardhane.

No comments: