10 January 2013

I hear you Rabindranath, WONDERFULLY - Dhammika Dharmawardhane



I hear you Rabindranath, WONDERFULLY – Dhammika Dharmawardhane.

‘1989 another summer, sound of the funky drummer, doing what I am doing…’

Flavour Flav, Public Enemy and the intro to Spike Lee’s movie ‘Do the right thing’ in that summer 1989.

Meanwhile, far away in 909, S.Davies Street, Kirksville, Missouri. In front of Missouri Hall, Truman University and next to the Sigma Ep Gamma house lived I, Dhammika Dharmawardhane.

I have and always will choose the less trodden, tricky, and barred path. I may cry more, but so do I, my friends, so much do I, REJOICE.

SO MUCH LIKE THIS HOUSE, SO LONG AGO MY HOME, SHATTERED AND BATTERED, BUT STILL STANDING, PROUDLY!

I hear you Rabindranath, WONDERFULLY.
Dhammika Dharmawardhane

No comments: