5 August 2013

The paradise island


“I both saw the thunderstorm and the single red rose drenched in rain. I saw your rivers flow swiftly as my days flew by.
You may look but never touch said she as I looked in wonder. Her scents overwhelm me. I need her forever more.
She tickles me as she gently dissolves through my feet. I am as aroused as her. I am battered and blown. Burnt to golden brown. But yet again I set out from shore. Into her welcoming warmth.
The single elephant stands majestically. Bathed in the headlight as he waits to cross. The night is silent for but for the two of us. We study each other. Me distance for quick escape. He if I am close enough to charge at.
The warriors 'cry' their words of victory. They spilled their blood so I can walk free. A flower grows in memory, deep in the recess of my heart.
I yearn for evermore. I read the words of a master, the wordsmith. The sorrow that I am never he, and she forever mine.
I love her not of love, I love her for she is my life itself.”

No comments: